Sunday, April 6, 2008

WEEKEND PROJECT




This was our weekend project. We built a small retaining wall on the corner of our house - can you believe we did it all by ourselves, and in one day??? It's been such a sore spot in our yard, but soon it will look so nice! This corner just keeps getting washed away, our yard is on such a slope. Now we just have to fill it with dirt, add all the plants, and then mulch. I can't wait to get the unsightly utility stuff covered up with some plants. If you haven't heard of them yet - check out www.springhillnursery.com We ordered a ton of plants and flowers from them and got them for half price! We are trying to get our yard ready for all the plants that should be arriving very soon. I just can't wait to see all the beautiful spring flowers really soon!!

4 comments:

Nana said...

wow this is beautiful. You guys are pro's. Do you hire out? It will be great with all the flowers.

Anonymous said...

Brooke gasps, "I love your pictures--they're GREAT! Love, Brooke"

Karen said...

I love the wall and really love the block you used. Where did you get it? I haven't seen any like that (life is simple in the tundra...). And I cracked up at the truck story - oh, could I picture it.

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Thanks guys! It was easier than I thought it would be. Richard pretty much layed the foundation, to get everything level. That was the hard part. Then I built the wall. Together - we moved over 3,000 lbs TWICE that day! We found the stone at Home Depot of all places. I had looked so many places, and researched so much on line to try to find what I had in mind. Then we just went to a different Home Depot than usual and there they were! Exactly what I had been looking for. They are actually 12 inch blocks made to look like stacked stone. It was called "flag stone retaining wall - tan".