Monday, April 28, 2008

PICNICS AND BUTTERFLIES


Saturday was SUCH a beautiful day! Richard and I got so much yard work accomplished (pictures soon to follow). It was so nice out that we even let Emily skip her nap and she played outside absolutely all day long. Hannah and Emily enjoyed a picnic lunch outside. One of the things we have been working on outside is Hannah's Water/Butterfly garden. She thinks very hard about how she spends her money, and she always makes very wise choices. She decided to spend most of her birthday money on a butterfly and water garden. We have the water garden installed, and she has planted a butterfly garden all around it. It's a slow process, but it's coming along. She even caught some minnows and a frog from the stream and they are now living in her little pond. She used the rest of her money to order this Live Butterfly Garden that she can keep inside. We received the caterpillars in the mail on Friday. They were so tiny, we couldn't tell what were the actual caterpillars and what was poop!! It is unbelievable how fast these guys grow. This picture was taken on Sunday, I wish I had taken one on Friday. I think they triple in size every day. By the end of this week, they should have made their chrysallis and then we can watch them turn into butterflies! We'll be sure and keep you posted!!




6 comments:

Nana said...

I can't wait to see all you have done. Good choice Hannah. I have 2 caterpillars that I am waiting to see what they turn into. I actually got them off my plant so they wouldn't eat it up. They eat a lot of green stuff every day. Can't wait to see how yours do. I love butterflys.

Florida Girl said...

Looks like your weekend was really nice. I'm so glad you posted today because I was about to send the blog seach police out to check on you. You need to be here in all of these flowers!! I think of you everytime I drive up there.

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Hey Pam! Sorry I haven't posted lately, but I haven't taken any pictures! Can you believe it? I SOOOO badly wish I was there to do the flower field pictures with you! It's even crossed my mind to coordinate a FL trip next April/May so I can catch those flowers in bloom!! We have some great fields of flowers here in the fall, so I'll have to hold out at least until then! Your flower pictures are beautiful!

Jennie said...

I want to see pictures of the butterflies after they "grow up"

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

You will Jennie - I promise!! Since the caterpillar we brought home from FL didn't quite "make it", Hannah decided this was a sure-fire way that we could watch one actually make it to the butterfly stage! You won't believe how different they already look!

Heather O'Steen Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.