Thursday, April 10, 2008

THE NEWEST ADDITION TO THE O'STEEN FAMILY!

The one in the middle and the one on the right are O'Steens! Brody and Bailey!!

Today was the day - I can't believe I could wait this long. It seems forever ago that we decided to get TWO, yes TWO new babies. The hours of waiting to bring them home dragged so slowly. I truly feel like these puppies were placed directly in our hands - they were just waiting for us. We didn't find them - they found us! We know that "all things work together for good" - but when puppies are involved - it just doesn't get any better! On the very day that we had to give up our beloved Spencer, I received an e-mail from a friend with the precious picture of my new babies. I never, ever thought this would have been in our plans last week, and now it's consuming our very lives! Here's how the story unfolded. Friday and Saturday, I was practically non-functional with sorrow. The girls and Richard were already timidly asking to go see these puppies that showed up on my computer screen. On Sunday, I finally agreed. When we went to visit the puppies, I knew I would completely fall in love with them, but I wanted to see if I fell in love with the mother of these puppies, and the other Cavalier King Charles Spaniels that this family had, and of course I did. It was then that my husband looks over at me, without the girls knowing, and says "I want TWO!" After my jaw hit the ground, the idea started to really grow on me. We then decided to keep this a little secret, and surprise the girls with two babies instead of just one. We told them we would pick up ONE puppy on Saturday. But today, I got to bring my babies home while the girls were still in school. So, the surprise happened in the school parking lot - I just couldn't wait another minute! These are pictures of them the very first time they saw them realized they were getting TWO new puppies - they were looking through the front window of the van at the puppies in the seat. These pictures are absolutely priceless! Needless to say, there was quite a scene in the school parking lot today. We certainly drew a crowd!
And the big softie himself - this man absolutely melts at the sight of a puppy. Who could want more than that in a man? This was Richard coming home from work this evening and the first time he held "his boys" at home. Absolute melting love.......




After much research, we truly feel that this breed of dogs is absolutely perfect for our family. It is a toy breed, so they won't get very big. And they are supposed to be completely phenomenal with children. They are so loving and snuggly. They are bred to be lap dogs, companion dogs. They just want to be with you all the time! They are the kind of dogs you see in all the really old pictures of the royal families. They are really hard to find - and we weren't even looking!! God is good -and he hears the cries of our hearts, even when it's for puppies...


PS) You'll have to look at little pictures for now - please tell me you aren't seeing anymore storm drains!!!!????????



5 comments:

Florida Girl said...

I am just in from a big night at the county fair and this story is the perfect ending to a really great day. Richard is so adorable in these pictures. Pets are so much more enjoyable when everyone is on board!

Nana said...

No more storm drains. These are the cutest little guys. Two is good because they can have a companion at all times. Boy is Richard a softy. I love it. I was thinking today about what a good child he had been. Nice to know he has grown up to be such a nice man too. He always has had a soft spot for puppies. We are definately a "dog" family. Now we all have 2 each. What a difference a week makes. I am sure you will have many happy years with your boys. Now Richard isn't so outnumbered. Can't wait to meet my new grand-dogs.

Karen said...

Oh my word - they are so cute. I'm confused because I thought you were getting them Friday, and on a field trip Thurs. So I thought you went to school this morning... But they are so sweet!! Post more pics.

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

I was supposed to get them Friday, but she asked if we could get them a day early! YEAH!! So, as soon as I got in from the field trip, I had about an hour before school got out, so it all worked out great!

casey ryan said...

I think those are adorable!!!!!! Can you convience are mom to get us a puppie!