Tuesday, March 4, 2008

ONE HEARTBEAT AT A TIME

I wanted to share this song with everyone today. It's a song Steven Curtis Chapman wrote for his wife. It's so moving and beautiful and I feel like it sums up my life. Especially today, while I'm rocking my feverish baby.....

You're up all night with a screaming baby
You run all day at the speed of life
And every day you feel a little bit less
Like the beautiful woman you are.
So you fall in bed when you run out of hours
And you wonder if anything worth doing got done
Well maybe you just don't know
Or maybe you've forgotten
That you, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time
Making history with every touch and every smile
Oh you, you may not see it now
But I believe that time will tell
How you, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time.
With every "I know you can do it"
And every tear that you kiss away
So many little things that seem to go unnoticed
They're just like the drops of rain
Over time, they become a river
You're beautiful, so beautiful
How you're changing the world, yeah you're changing the world
I believe that you, you are changing the world
ONE LITTLE HEARTBEAT AT A TIME!
To all of us moms out there who feel like we can never see the day to day accomplishments, we ARE changing the world. We are building great cathedrals (thanks Karen), we just can't see them yet.

6 comments:

Florida Girl said...

Of all the days I ever needed these reminders--it's today. It's great to remember that our work is not in vain and all very much making a difference.

Cary said...

I love that song - just heard Chapman sing it at a concert a few weeks ago and it's so beautiful.

Cary said...

OK, Cary didn't write that! He was just posting to Casey and I went in after him!

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

What?

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

oh, oh, now I get it!

casey ryan said...

I heard that song at the concert we went to a few weeks ago it was a great song and we have it on the cd!