Monday, March 17, 2008

A LOOOOOOONG DRIVE

Mom was getting really bored on that looooooong drive, so she decided to play with the camera. I caught sweet little piggies, Hannah in DS world, Kirsten peeking, and our friends traveling behind us. The kids stayed busy chatting on Picto-Chat on their DS's. With our friends right behind us, they were close enough to "instant message" each other on their Nintendo DS. It was a great way to keep them entertained.






One of our favorite things about heading south is BOILED PEANUTS!! I know all my friends in MD think we are crazy. But yes, we do actually stop on the side of the road to get our boiled peanuts. And yes, they are actually boiled. (Can you believe some people have never even heard of them?) They are sooooo yummy, and completely addicting. Beth and Kevin even stop and get us some when they are heading back to MD from the south - but they have to bury them deep in their luggage because they hate how they smell!! Thank you guys, it's worth it. Can't you just smell them now Beth???? Should I bring you some home? mmmmmmmm, yummy.....

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

YUCK!! This Florida friend thinks you're crazy! They smell SOOOO bad! Steve likes them though! Glad you survived the trip!

Kimberly said...

Forgot to say...Love the pics and Nintendo DS rocks for traveling!

Karen said...

I want some boiled p-nuts! I make them at home, but they just aren't the same. Love Kirsten's peeking picture and DS's rule.

Florida Girl said...

These are great. Reminds me of my family on the road--all the same activities down to the camera obsessed lady.

casey ryan said...

I WANT BOILED P_NUTS!!!!