Wednesday, March 19, 2008

KIRSTEN, MY WRITER


One of Kirsten's passions is writing. She is an excellent writer - this is her writing a story "requested" by her Gaga (my mom). It was crunch time to get it finished to give to Gaga in FL. Just this last week, Kirsten received a ribbon for a "superior" rating in a creative writing contest for the Association of Classical Schools International. The story will go on to the Regionals Competition now. Last year she entered the same contest and received a superior rating all the way through and even had her story published. Last years story was about a horse (of course). But this year her story was about a girl on the Titanic (also one of her latest loves, anything and everything Titanic). The story she wrote for her grandmother was a rewritten version of the story of the "The Robe".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Heather, encourage her in her pursuit of writing. God can reveal His essence through her pen if she is listening.

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Deb - thanks for your sweet comment! Coming from a writer - I treasure your advice! Every time I read something she writes, I am in awe of how spiritually deep her writings are. It's where I can see her heart for the Lord the most vibrant. I'll ask her if I can post some of her writings, they are so beautiful. It always make me realize how much is whirling around in her brain that we can't always tap into....

Sydney said...

YOU GO KIRSTEN!!!!!
signed,
your writing manager,
Sydney
LUV YOU ALL AND I HOPE YOU'RE HAVING FUN!!!!!