Wednesday, February 17, 2010

THE SHEEP OF HIS PASTURE

I came across this sweet little sheep craft to do with the girls. Photobucket
How cute is HE???

Photobucket
First, dig out some craft paint....
Photobucket
And paint the ends of wooden clothespins to be used for legs
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Apparently in the minds of little girls, sheep should have very colorful legs.
Photobucket
Then cut out kidney bean shaped pieces of cardboard for the sheeps body.
Photobucket
Then, take a break and dance to the music.
Photobucket
This step is crucial to the successful outcome of your sheep.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Next, clip the clothespins onto the bottom of the cardboard sheep body and begin wrapping yarn around the body.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Finally, add lots of fun little accessories like tails, ears, eyes, and of course bows.
Photobucket
"Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves.
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. "
Psalm 100:3

10 comments:

Wendy said...

OH--I absolutely love your pasture of sheep! Of course, my favorite part was the dancing break--seems like the two would go hand and hand--dancing/art. If you don't mind, I'm going to borrow for my class as we're "Little Lambs" :o) Too cute!

Nana said...

You are so creative and have such patience. Can I come and be homeschooled at your house?

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Perfect for your Little Lambs Wendy! Thanks Nana, and yes, you can be homeschooled here too. :)

Richard said...

That's just one of the many reasons why I married her!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie said...

That is absolutely adorable! and the dancing was superb.


p.s. the deleted comment before was me. when it posted it showed up under some name like "angie5122" I have no idea who that is or why my comment came up under that name.

Deb said...

I love these! Do you think I have to stand on my head for them to come out right? Lol.

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Yes, Deb, I think you do have to stand on your head. At least, I would love to see you try!! :)

Alice said...

these are really cool, heather! i think kali and i will make some for easter :) thanks for the great idea!

Deb said...

That would require my many couch cushions on the floor around me to break my fall :) We're working on our own sheep today :)