Thursday, May 20, 2010

BUBBLES IN THE GARDEN

I went outside this evening with intentions of taking pictures of the progress of the gardening... and look what I happened to find out there!!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
now that's even more fun!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
My hydrangea bush is just about to burst full of blooms! (Remember the lonesome stick poking out through the snow just a few months ago?)
Photobucket

These violas smell heavenly!
Photobucket

Punkin's sunflowers are coming up quite nicely - the bunnies haven't found them just yet.
Photobucket

and the Rhododendrons are beautiful right now
(especially since they are on Rhododendron Drive!!)
Photobucket

I can't believe how many strawberries we have this year! The bunnies haven't seemed to find these yet either, but even if they do, there are so many I don't think they could do too much damage.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Tiptoe through the strawberries! How many can you find? "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, mom - there are too many to count!!"

Photobucket

"what comes after 29?"

Photobucket

Don't fall in!!
Photobucket

We interrupt this gardening post to have a little swing....
Photobucket

a twisty swing...
Photobucket

a "please be careful!" swing
Photobucket

"oh mom! I AM careful!"
Photobucket

The BEST news in the garden is that my cilantro is sprouting up!! Mmmmmm... I can taste it already.
Photobucket

I've just about given up on these little seed pods. A few of them are cooperating, but mostly, they are very strong-willed, stubborn, defiant little seeds. They just don't want to grow. We have had so much rain lately that they are starting to mold now. Seriously? Mold? First I couldn't keep them watered enough, now they are molding. I give up.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Cathryn said...

The theme of your blog is very sweet, it is so nice to see there are people all the way across the continent with the same values we strive for as well. Your garden seems to be coming along well! And of course, growing kids is the best crop and has the best fruit!

Karen said...

Em scared me a little with her neck in that swing! Give her a "be careful" from Aunt Kiki too :). Your strawberries are huge already - ours are just flowering, and they seriously take over once you have them. We did some "hanging" strawberries too this year, so we'll see how they grow. Also have cilantro - hmmm, go figure!

Nana said...

Your garden and flowers look great. Your pictures are awesome. Of course Emily is the cutest thing growing in the garden. Wish I had your talent for taking pictures. I just take them and it tells. Yours are great. My hydrangea is blooming right now. The strawberries look yummy. Maybe we should try them next year too.

inadvertent farmer said...

Your post is beautiful! I just love bubbles in the garden...our strawberries are just now setting fruit.

The photo of your little one leaning over the strawberry patch is priceless! Kim

faith buss said...

So beautiful! I think I'll do strawberries next year....they look so good.