Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Megan the Mentor


Recently, my Banana got a wonderful idea in her head -  she wanted a mentor.  She asked me about it and I told her it was a great idea, but it was a very important decision, so she must choose this person very carefully.    My oh my did she choose a winner!!  Megan is one amazing 16-year-old girl.  I always say I want to be just like her one day when I grow up.  Now I see that my Banana thinks the same thing.  Yesterday they were able to spend the afternoon together since they both had their lacrosse games rained out.


Megan hung out with Banana and spent time doing lots of fun girly stuff!  She coached her on the game of lacrosse. They both share a love for the game.




Banana now has some great tips and pointers and a much better general understanding of the game.


Megan and Banana exchange "letters" almost every day.  I love that Banana can write out her thoughts and feelings and be able to share with someone that she trusts.

They made some fun crafts, perfect for a rainy afternoon.


Megan is a beautiful soul who loves Jesus with all her heart.  She serves on Student Government and leads the local Fellowship of Christian Athletes.  She is worship leader in her (very large) youth group, and is involved in a leadership group and is even going to the Dominican Republic this summer on a missions trip.


Great conversations while playing with pattern blocks....


And of course, little sisters always benefit from having some great role models around too!



Thank you Megan for taking time to invest in my little girl!  You are an amazing young lady.

Banana - you couldn't have chosen a better girl!  I love you both so much!

2 comments:

The Full Nelson said...

What a wonderful idea! I've never really heard of doing that before. I too love lacrosse and played for some time.

Susie said...

That is such a good idea, and Megan sounds really lovely. It looks like they had a great afternoon together!

BTW, I've left you a blog award over on my blog :-)