Monday, March 28, 2011

Beauty in the Everyday


Sunday afternoon, the sun is streaming through the windows... I find myself looking for some photography inspiration, and decided to delight in the ordinary, the everyday.... the lazy Sunday afternoon.... 


Brody seems to have no problem with a day of rest.... wish I could do the same....


Punkin enjoys a sunny reading spot...

I love how the afternoon light streaks across my fresh spring quilt....


Bailey tries to figure out what I'm doing....


A peek at my nightstand...... all of these are great reading.  Banana and I are reading through one of the Redwall sequels.... and last night I finished Hand on the Bridle - which was excellent.   The little bird I have had since childhood.


one of my favorite "wall graffitti"


a very, very rare occasion - my clean dresser top, except for the dust


Sunday shoes left behind.....

a very beloved Blueby patiently waiting.......


A very REAL peek at the girls bedrooms.......


See Punkin's toes peeking out from behind her bed? (in mismatched socks)

MOM!! Stop taking pictures of my messy room! AND ME!!  "Then clean it or hide".  Notice that book on the floor?


I love that it is a cherished one and can often be found lying around.....  if you have a daughter - it's a must have.


and a peek outside.....


it's hard being the littlest....




5 comments:

Nana said...

Like all the pictures. lIke you new quilt. Dislike that the girls are still having to wear coats outside. Hope you get some "spring" soon.

Karen said...

You have green grass and I still have snow! Love the Sunday shoes....

Erin Gaeng said...

That last picture is just adorable...even though she is probably terribly sad.

Caseybumpinalong said...

What precious photos! You have a lovely home.

Anonymous said...

Loved this post! I felt like I was walking through the house and talking to you. Do more like these!
Maddie