Friday, January 28, 2011

Gifts

I have been the blessed recipient of so many wonderful gifts lately.  One of my dearest friends, Joanne, knit this scarf for me for my birthday.   Isn't it beautiful? 


And another dear friend, Enchanted Warrior, very lovingly hand-wrote out a cook book for me.  She knows how I struggle in the area of cooking - this is one of the most wonderful gifts ever!!




It's such a blessing to receive gifts that were a labor of love - made with loving hands and many, many hours of work.



A very dear blog reader sent my girls a little something in the mail.....  via "Royal Mail", the National Postal Service of the United Kingdom.


She has read how we have been studying castles during our Story of the World, The Middle Ages.


She shared with me that she and her husband were married at the Portchester Castle. in Hampshire, Southeast England.  She and her daughter went to visit the castle and so thoughtfully picked up a few "bits" for my girls.  (I sooo wish I had a British accent).




This castle is steeped in a very rich history - it's so interesting to read about.  The castle dates back to 280s AD.   You can see pictures of their visit to the castle and read about it here at her blog Unschooling Hannah.





"GIVE and it shall be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you."  Luke 6:38


5 comments:

The Full Nelson said...

What lovely, thoughtful gifts. You seem like a wonderful family, and deserve what you've received!

WARRIOR CHIC said...

AWW shucks! What do ya gift a girly friend with who captures your family on 'film' and blows it up to mass proportions that I get to enjoy every single day!! You're a sweetie! I want to go visit that castle!

Susie said...

Hope you enjoy looking through the castle books! I love your scarf and recipe book as well :-)

Joanne said...

I love receiving and giving hand made things. they are directly from the heart. Blessings, Joanne

Nana said...

You are very blessed. Love the gifts. I am sending you a gift soon too. The live hairbrusher is coming your way. Love you.