Sunday, December 20, 2009

DIGGING OUT

Looks like we survived the Great Blizzard of 2009!! I can now officially say that I had to walk "through the snow, in a blizzard, uphill, both ways", except I wasn't going to school. I was just going to pick up one of my kids from down the street. I felt like I was in a Little House on the Prairie book. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't see, I could hardly walk! Fortunately, a snow mobile had just gone down our street, so walking in the path of that made it a little easier. We thought walking might be easier than trying to dig a path to get the car out, now I'm not so sure!
Photobucket
This picture is when I opened my front door, maybe an hour after Richard had just shoveled the walk. It was snowing several inches per hour. We have a total of about 20-22 is my best guess. It's hard to tell with all the drifting.
Photobucket
Definitely about two feet of snow on the deck out the back door.
Photobucket
No cook-outs for a while!! :)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Boo decided she should measure the snow with a measuring tape.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Check out the snow geyser!! Our neighbor was so kind to snow-blow our sidewalks for us!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
This is blurry - oops - but I love how Boo is so determined to help her Daddy and Punkin shovel the driveway.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
"Never eat yellow snow", Punkin!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Check out what the wind whipping around our house did to the snow on the roof of the garage! Richard knocked it all off once yesterday.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5 comments:

Nana said...

I guess you guys are snowed in? Hope you had lots of food and heat.
I can't even imagine that much snow. It makes me cold just looking at it. It is beautiful though. Have fun in it.

Wendy said...

WOW--that's A LOT of snow!! My boys wish we were still there to enjoy all the snow! Enjoy and stay warm! Merry White Christmas!

C. Julius said...

We can only dream of that kind of Christmas! It is beautiful! Merry Christmas from our family to yours.

Karen said...

Love the pics! It's all too familiar to this Minnesotan, but still very fun, especially when you get a big dump like that. Time to go skiing! Are your temps going to keep the snow around for a while? We are supposed to get a big snowstorm on Christmas Eve (glad we're not traveling). In one pic, I saw Richard was shoveling in his tennis shoes, so maybe Santa can bring him a pair of snow boots! Have fun in it!

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

The snow has been fun - but around here everything gets cancelled!

Karen - I think it will stick around for a while, it's not going to be above freezing for at least this week. Very funny - those ARE his snow boots! They are just completely covered in snow so you can't tell!