Wednesday, August 15, 2018

We Are Connected ~ A Timberdoodle Review

 Our first Timberdoodle product for this school year is the We Are Connected Dot to Dot Philadelphia!   We have always loved any kind of extreme dot to dot book around here - especially when they are so educational.  This book we received from Timberdoodle is all about the city of Philadelphia.   There is a map on the back of the book that shows famous landmarks with the corresponding page numbers.  We have actually spent some time in Philadelphia quite a number of times these past few years so this book helped "connect the dots" quite literally to places we have actually been! So fun! 


 I am always on the look out for simple activities that don't require too much brain work for read-aloud times or other times when we need to just keep our hands busy but still able to engage in listening or communicating or just being together as a family.  This book kept the interest of both my middle schooler and my soon to be college bound student (insert mommy tears here).  Honestly, I even enjoy doing these dot to dot books myself - they can be very satisfying!  The recommended age is 8+. You can even color them when you are finished.   The dots range anywhere from 156 to 1,690! Incredible!  Some puzzles even spread across both pages. 
 Timberdoodle even offers this book as part of their 11th grade curriculum kit so it truly does cross many age boundaries! A great activity for the entire family. 






2 comments:

Karla Cook said...

I love how it spans such a wide age range. I had an 8-year-old friend eyeing my book with interest this past weekend. If we'd had more time I would have invited him to give it a try!

Amanda Hopkins said...

I love how this book combines the fun and the learning! It is so easy to dig deeper and learn more after you have completed the puzzle!