Thursday, September 22, 2011

Reading


This morning as I was serving breakfast, Boo was reading a story to her favorite stuffed friend Sam.   It made my heart so happy to see this!   This is the first time I have seen her pick up a REAL book, and read the whole thing out loud - cover to cover - correctly!! I'm so proud of you Boo!!



It made me even more happy that she chose one of my favorite books from when I was little.  Thank you Aunt Jennie for sending Boo this special book!  She is my first kid that I can accurately say that I taught her how to read.  The other two learned in school, but Miss Boo learned at home.  What a wonderful feeling! :)

4 comments:

Nana said...

I love that book too. Hey Boo congratulations. Reading is fun. It is very rewarding to teach a child to read. I got to help on that with Tanek and I am amazed at how quickly children learn. I can't wait until you can read that book to me. See you soon.

Erin Patricia said...

That is the best feeling in the world!!! Jamie is sitting next to me right now reading.... Because I taught him how!!! So cool!

jgaga said...

I think you girls might have had that book when you were little. Either that or I read it a lot of times to grandkids. So sweet of Emily.

Wendy said...

That's wonderful :)--definitely one of those heart happy moments for you.