Friday, May 27, 2011

The Ministry of Motherhood

I'm currently reading this book which has come highly recommended by several people that I highly respect. I'm only half-way through, but it's one that I just can't put down.


"A mother's day is packed with a multitude of tasks that require energy and time: preparing meals, washing clothes, straightening and cleaning the house, and caring for the children.  These jobs all are necessary and crucially important.  But in the dailyness of providing for a child's physical, emotional and social needs, vital opportunities for spiritual nurturing and training can be overlooked."


"Using biblical wisdom and practical teachings, Sally Clarkson shows how you can make a lasting difference in your child's life by following the pattern Christ set with his own disciples - a model that will inspire and equip you to intentionally embrace the rewarding, desperately needed, and immeasurably valuable Ministry of Motherhood."





3 comments:

Hollie said...

This is a book in my summer pile this year!! I can't wait to dive in and be encouraged and challenged by Ms. Clarkson's words and wisdom.

Your littlest is SO cute! What a great model for this book.

Enjoy your summer!

Gaga said...

Must be a really good book but Emily is precious!XOXO

Deb said...

I just love Sally Clarkson. I have read her book, Mission of Motherhood. I'd love to read Ministry of Motherhood.