Thursday, July 15, 2010

A HOMETOWN 4TH OF JULY

One of my favorite holidays is the 4th of July - mainly because I have such great memories of my little tiny hometown celebration in Florida. It's the absolute classic kind like you see in the movies. Everyone comes out for the parade, the craft show, the dog show, the fireworks. I remember in prior years watching baby crawling competitions (and my Punkin even participated so long ago), boat parades, watermelon eating contests, fish fries, the street dance..... such good memories!! We try to go back as often as we can, this year all of my siblings were able to make it!! This is a picture of mine and my husbands immediate family. Yes - our parents both still live in the same houses we grew up in, just a few miles from each other. So - this is our parents, and our siblings and all the kids (minus just one - Nicole, my sisters daughter because she had to work way up in Minnesota!!) and of course minus my hubs who was taking the picture.
Photobucket
all the cousins enjoyed Nana's pool.
Photobucket
my youngest sister and her man.
Photobucket
the cousins!!!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Punkin with her two closest-in-age cousins. They are all three exactly nine months apart!!
Photobucket
Banana enjoying a snow cone!
Photobucket
and Boo
Photobucket
while Punkin chose a funnel cake
Photobucket
waiting for the parade to start
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
my sister Karen and her hubby Cary, with daughter Casey
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Nana and the girls!!
Photobucket
Our family!!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
My two nephews - both from different sides of the family, but they are the only boys in the mix so they team up.
Photobucket
and of course - we MUST eat at Sonny's BBQ!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Karen said...

Now I want a snow cone and a funnel cake! Cute pics!

Nana said...

That was some fun times. Went by too fast.

Catholic Gifts! said...

Just wanted to comment on the beautiful pictures! I don't know if your a professional photographer or not but it sure looks like it by your pic's! What kind of camera did you use to take them?