Monday, February 9, 2015

Decorating for Valentine's Day


Just a little Monday morning inspiration for you! I don't typically decorate for Valentine's Day, but this year I did just a bit more than usual.  It's still very subtle, but it helps to get through these gray dark dreary winter days with no snow.  I mean - winter is only worth it if there is snow - right?
I can't remember how I came up with this idea - I think I just ran across these cute little cut out hearts one day in Michaels and the idea came to me.  I gathered up birch twigs from our yard (which by the way, has turned out to be the ONLY redeeming quality of that tree so far), and made a little Valentines Heart tree.

 I had some left over baker's twine from Christmas that was perfect for tying them on.
 This cute little banner came from the dollar section at Target - love that aisle! 
 This time of year I like to pick up fresh flowers at the grocery store - what a difference in makes to see something alive and colorful! :)   I even added in a little bit of faux flowers to the live ones - it's hard to tell they aren't real?!
 A few quick chalkboard drawings....






One of my weekend projects was making this heart wreath - I just love how it turned out!  You can find the tutorial on how to make your own by clicking here.   Ann at On Sutton Place is one of my new favorite bloggers! Check out her blog - I know you will love it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so cute!

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Thanks!

Caseybumpinalong said...

Great decorating ideas! Love them!